So I decided to read My Utmost for HIS Highest tonight. The passage I read talked about waiting...
I began to read it like I do most devotionals just something to read and learn but I rarely put things into practice. So as I began to read about waiting it talked about God's timing and what the time of waiting could do...As I was reading I was thinking ok this is nothing i havent heard before. People always say God is teaching something through this or through that...and yes HE is (I know that) but i was really just like so whats the point why does this devotinal have anything to offer that 100 others dont... As I continued to read it said to not busy yourself in your time of waiting...i thought WAIT ONE MINUTE!!!! what am i suppose to do then...And thats when I realized i dont know if i ever have truly waited!
These might seem trivial but they have a point
Waiting in line at Disneyland - its not waiting when i busy myself with talking to friends playing games, etc
Waiting in traffic - Not when i have my cellphone...i can talk/text anyone i feel like
Waiting at the Dr. Office - no i will busy myself with reading or again the cell phone (even though it says to put it away :)
Waiting on GOD's Timing - Do i really wait or have I just been filling my life with things to do in the mean time...why wait when i can fill my life with 100 other things...I should wait becuase that is what God has called me to do. I Should wait so that I can learn what HE wants to show me... I should wait in order to draw closer to HIM...
This year my New Year's Resolution is to WAIT
this is who i am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment